WE'RE HERE TO CREATE SOME COMMON GROUND IN TORBAY!
In Torbay right now, sports and recreational programs and social activities are spread out between a Kinsmen Centre the community has outgrown, the regional Jack Byrne Arena, schools, parish halls and other venues that are often too small and crowded. Not everyone is able to participate and some programs just can't happen. Programming is difficult to coordinate as these facilities are shared with other groups and not always available at the right times. In general, resources are maxed out. Because facilities and programs are so spread out, and because there is no one location where materials can be stored, volunteers and staff are often saddled with the chore of lugging materials and equipment from location to location as space becomes available.
And we're asking you to help! We'll do it by raising just a small portion ($1.5million) of $8.9 million required to build a new fully-integrated and accessible community centre in the heart of Torbay. A thoughtfully considered facility large enough to ensure that important community programs can be delivered and large enough to provide a gathering place for all generations to come together for traditional events and celebrations or to simply grab a coffee and find out what's on the go!
HERE IS WHAT YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO THE TORBAY COMMON WILL PROVIDE:
- A beautiful town center where everyone can congregate for special events and celebrations
- Larger multipurpose spaces to accommodate more people of all ages in existing programs
- The opportunity to offer more accessible and affordable programs in the community and region
- The opportunity for year-round training for athletes locally
- An outdoor plaza, green space and playground areas that encourage outdoor activity
All these things add up to a brighter, healthier, and more self-sustaining and inclusive community.
HELP US GET IT ON THE GO!